Hearing Aid Fitting
Before a hearing aid fitting is scheduled, we will do a thorough hearing aid discovery test. Based on the results of this test, your hearing aid specialist will be able to determine how loudly sounds need to be amplified so they are audible to you, as well as how to compress loud noises so they aren’t painful to your ears.
When the hearing aids we have ordered for you arrive (usually in a couple of weeks), we will invite you back to our office for your fitting appointment.
Here’s What to Expect at Your Hearing Aid Fitting
Hearing aid fittings can take between 45 minutes and two hours. In this time we have a lot to do including:
- Customize the fit of your hearing aid by adjusting the earpiece and tubing.
- Checking the fit of any custom molds.
- Programming your hearing aid to amplify the frequencies you’re struggling to hear.
- Testing how well the hearing aid is working and whether it needs to be adjusted further.
- Going over how to take care of them and keep them working like new.
- Covering any advanced features your hearing aid may have such as streaming Bluetooth.
You’ll only wear your new hearing aids if they’re comfortable and work. So be honest with us, and let us know if they need further adjustments.